WELCOME!

Huwebes, Abril 4, 2013

HOW TO save money while traveling

No this is not a post about budget travel, but on how to additionally save while traveling. I got this idea from two of my friends, which both involves the 5 and 10 peso coins





A high school friend of mine once shared that the best way to save coins is by saving those with higher amount, the Php5 and Php10 coins. It will save more space in your piggy bank and it will give you higher yield. I decided to try her advise, but I keep on spending my coins and the peso and centavo coins are the ones usually left. An epic failure for me :).



little piggy

Another friend reintroduced me in saving those 5 and 10-peso coins. I noticed that she always uses her bills for fares and when she buys something and does not spend her 5 and 10 coins. I also found out that she purposely exchanges some of her bills for those coins, so her savings of coins surely piles up.





Hmmmmm. I tried it because I was by this time serious in saving up, and I also noticed my purse would be sometimes filled up by these coins. And surely enough it works. Even if I only have 3 five-peso coins left behind at the end of the day, I will drop it in my piggy bank made from used 1-liter plastic water bottles, and at the end of the month I can't believe I have saved that amount! Which I could never do if I've decided to save up my paper money.


Up the Movie. Photo courtesy of en.wikipedia.org



This may or may not work for you, but it surely worked for me. So whenever I travel I make sure to think of my savings and separate those five- and ten-peso coins. Motivation and willingness is surely one key to save this way. Who knows, maybe next time my coins will finance a trip to my own Paradise Falls without the help of balloons ~_^.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...