WELCOME!

Martes, Abril 16, 2013

BACOLOD CITY: FELICIA's Pastry Cafe

Every time I search for things to do in Bacolod City, the name Calea always pops-up. It is famous for its chocolate cakes and cheesecakes. But since I was not satisfied the last time I've eaten a Calea chocolate cake I've decided to try out another brand.

A friend who has lived in the City of Smiles for over a year recommended Felicia's in Lacson St. She said their chocolate cake tasted better than Calea's so I told K to take me there before we enjoy ourselves in L's wedding. 








Located in 6th street, Felicia's storefront reminded me so of an elegant and formal cafe. Upon entering the cafe was cozy, and the pastry display would already fill your eyes with such inviting colors and decorations. What's more to like (for me and K) was the quietness of the place, unlike Calea that bustles with tourists and locals.

I asked the very accommodating staff behind the counter what their cake best sellers, so I ordered one slice each of Sans Rival and Chocolate cake (what I came for in the first place). 




Sans Rival, Php85 per slice



The Sans Rival was heavenly. It was just with the right sweetness and I appreciate it because it's not too buttery for my taste.




Chocolate cake, Php 85 per slice


Felicia's Chocolate cake was moist, but I think I want mine with more sweetness in it. For me, MerNel's chocolate cake is still the best so far ^_^ (click here to read about MerNel's). 



French Macaroons, Php 40 each


And I couldn't resist the eye-catching and delectable colors of the French macaroons so I ordered a take out. Upon arriving home, the macaroons were almost crumbly but the fillings were good, though I don't like the strong mint taste though. (So maybe it is best to put these into the fridge.)







After searching the web, I found out that Felicia's ensaymada is also a must-try. But I found this out too late. Hehe. But after going through their Facebook page their cakes are available in Steps of Rome restaurant here in Iloilo City, so maybe I'll take a peek there and see what other goodies they have from Felicia's ^_^. And Felicia's also serves full meals, from breakfast to dinner.

And one more thing, Manong Guard was so attentive that he hailed a cab for us and offered us a shade in his umbrella (which unfortunately didn't even shaded us, but still I'm satisfied with his service).




FELICIA'S PASTRY CAFE

6th Lacson Street DOLL Building
Bacolod City
(034) 433-6586
Click here for their official Facebook page







My friend K recommends the blog bacolodfoodhunters for a foodtrip guide whenever you're in Bacolod City.









Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...